- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Starting at $8.00
- Full and/or Part Time
Room Attendants are responsible for keeping guest rooms clean. They are also responsible for providing clean linen and bedding, vacuuming and removing trash. Housekeepers will also perform a thorough cleaning after guests have checked out of the hotel. The Room Attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Service assigned number of rooms daily (15-20 rooms).
- Clean, dust, wax, scrub, polish and service guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Remove and replace bed and bath linens, trash and debris, dust, vacuum, and replenish room amenities.
- Keep supply cart neat and organized at all times.
- Remove in-room dining trays from guest rooms and hallways contact foodservice and follow up that they are returned to kitchen.
- Turn in any lost and found articles immediately to supervisor/manager.
- Clean carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty wastebaskets, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Dust and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Move and arrange furniture, if necessary.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Complete any projects assigned by hotel Management, such as inventory, reports, event cleanup, laundry, meetings, peer inspections
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Assist Laundry Attendant when necessary.
- Perform additional services when necessary.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on a consistent basis
- Push/pull cart and other equipment up to 100 pounds
- Must be a fast pace worker and work well with others
- Minimum 10% sitting
- Requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift
- Movement - Reach with hands, arms and lift
- Noise - Moderate
- Talk or hear
- Travel - None
- Vision - Close
- Vision - Color
- Vision - Depth perception
- Vision - Distant
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with time constraints.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Reduced hours possible during off-season or slow times.
- Must be dependable and come to scheduled work shift in a positive state of mind, meeting dress and grooming standards for a professional appearance.