- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Restaurant Host/Hostess/Busser is the first person the guest will see and interact with when they arrive at Dickie's. He/she needs to be hospitable and conscious of how they handle guests at all times. This position manages the wait list when the restaurant is busy, and ensures that all parties are seated evenly across the restaurant, so no server is overloaded with work. They are also responsible for providing great customer service by assisting the servers, kitchen staff and management in the prompt delivery and removal of food and beverage items.
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- Places carry out orders for guests.
- Assist in regulating the restaurant operations by maintaining constant contact with servers, kitchen staff and management.
- Assist in bussing, setting up, and maintaining tables
- Remove any extra place settings at the table or supply additional settings as needed.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the Restaurant Manager or Lead Server.
- Must be a good team player willing to help any employee in need
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
- Reduced hours possible during off-season or slow times
- Must be dependable and come to scheduled work shift in a positive state of mind, meeting dress and grooming standards for a professional appearance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to stand for long periods of time bend, kneel, and lift throughout a shift. Lift up to 50 lbs