- Food & Beverage
- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Full Time
Swan Lake Resort has immediate openings for Cooks and additional kitchen staff. We are looking for qualified individuals as Restaurant Cooks, Prep/Line Cooks, and Dishwashers. Individuals must be detail oriented with a positive attitude and enjoy an exciting, fast paced environment. Must perform well as part of team, working with staff, management and guests to provide superior customer service, and must be able to work flexible work schedules. We offer excellent working conditions and competitive wages.
Duties may include:
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Peel, dice, shred and slice food products.
• Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
• Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies.
• Prepare, cook and serve food in accordance with menus ensuring a high level of quality and presentation is achieved at all times according to agreed standards.
• Prepare to order all food items, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits.
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using standard recipes for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Measure and assemble ingredients and cook items according to recipes and menu specifications.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
• Carve or portion meat, fish and poultry for individual serving.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
• Empty trash containers as required.
• Assists in closing the kitchen.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Must be able to follow directions and perform responsibilities as described.
• Good communication, problem-solving and organizational skills and ability to follow directions using good safety awareness and sound judgment.
• Candidates must have flexible availability.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time - bend, kneel, lift and pull continuously throughout a shift, lift up to 50lbs.