- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Year-Round Part Time
Swan Lake Resort, a leading golf resort in Northern Indiana, has immediate Banquet Housemen positions available. This role is an important position within the hotel, restaurant and conference center. The Banquet Housemen are responsible for setting up the for the banquet event, this may include tables, chairs, linen, center pieces, table settings, etc.
The Banquet Houseman is responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all guests. The Banquet Houseman is responsible primarily for the set-up, and clean-up of all banquet functions as well as maintaining the cleanliness of common areas and bathrooms during events. This is a fast paced position that will involve customer interaction. The Banquet Houseman must be able to work all shifts and flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- On a continuous basis, keep service corridors, pre-function space and storage areas clean, organized and unobstructed.
- Clean up of the meeting and event rooms periodically. This includes, but is not limited to, straightening chairs, clearing the dirty dishes and glassware from the tables, straightening the chairs, changing soiled table linen, vacuuming the floor, emptying trash and restocking materials such as pads and pens.
- Tear-down and set up of the meeting and event rooms. This may include stripping the room of all its furniture, vacuuming the floor and resetting the room per the specifications outlined by the BEO.
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per specifications on BEO or as given by banquet management including vacuuming floors and cleaning walls and windows/mirrors.
- Proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, and lecterns, is required.
- Proper control and storage of meeting room supplies such as linen, pads, pens/pencils and candy, etc. are required.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and sanitary.
- During events, duties may include assisting the banquet servers by refreshing the food service, water or coffee service.
- Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety, and sanitation.
- Participates as a team member with Banquet Servers, Banquet Bartenders, Banquet Cooks, Banquet Captains, and any pertinent company employees in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation that meets the highest standards of customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Report any maintenance issues while setting so they can be corrected prior to the event.
- Utilize proper ergonomics when setting or breaking down, ask for assistance when necessary.
- Conduct quality check on condition of tables, chairs and linens while setting the room.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all of Swan Lake Resort's services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Banquet Manager or Captain.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 - 100 pounds
- Push/pull cart and other equipment up to 250 pounds
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Reduced hours possible during off-season or slow times
- Must be dependable and come to scheduled work shift in a positive state of mind, meeting dress and grooming standards for a professional appearance.
All applicants must submit to Drug Screening & Background Checks.