- Food & Beverage
- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Seasonal - Full Time
This role is an important position within Putter's. The Servers are responsible for interacting with our guests and ensuring they have a great experience while dining at the resort. Grille Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Serving is a physical position requiring individuals to carry and balance large, heavy trays as well as being able to bend and kneel with these trays for serving. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge. It is common for a majority of the compensation for this role to be based on gratuity.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements: a) Pre shift sidework; b) Detailed menu selections, major ingredients, appearance, texture, quality standards, garnish and method of presentation; c) Particular characteristics/description of wines/champagne ordered; d) Prices for bar selections; e) Station assignment and table set
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Complete sidework: a) check quality and amount of all stock and supplies using checklist; b) transport necessary supplies from storage areas to service area; c) Fold/roll napkins; d) Set tables according to service standards; e) Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, cream, juices); f) ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service; g) Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any efficiencies. Set up side station as assigned by supervisor.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items...etc.
- Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks. Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating at tables.
- Attempt to up-sell food and beverage items
- Retrieve alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guests.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or at the end of the meal.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Complete closing side duties: a) Breakdown all goods as specified. b) Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all of Swan Lake Resort's services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Grille Manager or Lead Server.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous serving experience required.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have an Indiana Liquor Permit.
- Must have Indiana Server Training Certificate.
- Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds
- Minimum 30% sitting
- Requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift
- Movement - Reach with hands, arms and lift
- Noise - Moderate
- Talk or hear
- Travel - Less than 10%
- Vision - Close
- Vision - Color
- Vision - Depth perception
- Vision - Distant
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Reduced hours possible during off-season or slow times.
- Must be dependable and come to scheduled work shift in a positive state of mind, meeting dress and grooming standards for a professional appearance.