- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Full and/or Part Time
The Guest Services Representative is responsible for maintaining and promoting hospitality at all times. Welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone. As part of this job, this individual is required to demonstrate good computer skills; accurately handle cash and charges, stand for long periods of time and present a friendly, outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanor.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests.
- Issues room key to guest.
- Responsible for proper key control and other security measures.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Perform simple bookkeeping activities, such as balancing cash accounts.
- Review accounts and charges with guests during the check-out process.
- Post charges, such those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Provides and ensures high-quality assurance relations. Receives and resolves guest complaints referring customers to managers as necessary. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
- Arrange restaurant reservations for customers if necessary.
- Assist guests with booking, changing and canceling reservations as needed.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift.
- Balance bank daily.
- Maintain and market special guest programs.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and informs management of any unsafe
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Swan Lake Resort standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Confirm full payment at check out.
- Log guest interaction in folio to keep communication with other departments current.
- Direct guests to daily functions within hotel.
- Complete shift checklists.
- Stock and clean workplace for next shift.
- Answer phones as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Lift 50 pounds
- Minimum 30% sitting
- Requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift
- Movement - Reach with hands, arms and lift
- Noise - Moderate
- Talk or hear
- Travel - Less than 10%
- Vision - Close
- Vision - Color
- Vision - Depth perception
- Vision - Distant
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Convey information and ideas clearly
- Evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Reduced hours possible during off-season or slow times
- Must be dependable and come to scheduled work shift in a positive state of mind, meeting dress and grooming standards for a professional appearance.