- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Part Time
Banquet bartenders are responsible for setting up their bars, this may include glassware, kegs, liquor bottles, mixers, etc. Banquet bartenders are also responsible for serving the alcoholic beverages to the guests within the guidelines of the alcoholic beverage laws of the state of Indiana. In this position, one must monitor over consumption by customers and not serve the customers when problems arise.
Banquet bartending is a physical position requiring individuals to carry/move heavy glass racks, cases of alcohol, kegs, etc.
- Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and request in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Present and serve beverages to guests
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverage to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws/stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice, and produce.
- Cut, store, and ensure product quality of all beverage-related perishables
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
- Maintain professional appearance at all times
- Communicate with banquet staff to ensure guest satisfaction
- Report to work as scheduled, in uniform, and ready to be in position
- Maintain professional relationships with all coworkers
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges while being careful about details and thoroughness in work tasks
- Present honest work ethic
- Assist peers when needed or requested
- Flexible to changes
- Job requires being pleasant with other on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must be over 21 to serve alcohol and possess (or have the ability to obtain) bartender's license
- 1 year of bartending experience preferred
- Many banquets and special events are held on holidays and weekends, so candidates who will be considered must have flexible availability. Hours vary between days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – bend, kneel, and lift throughout a shift. Lift up to 50 lbs
- All applicants must submit to Drug Screening & Background Checks.