- Plymouth, IN, USA
- Part Time
The Banquet servers are responsible for setting up the for the banquet event, this may include tables, chairs, linen, center pieces, table settings, etc. Banquet Servers are also serve the food and beverage to the tables at the event as well as clear away the food and beverage after each course of the meal.
Banquet serving is a physical position requiring individuals to carry and balance large, heavy trays as well as being able to bend and kneel with these trays for serving.
Banquet Servers are often the only point of contact for guests of weddings and meetings. Therefore, this is an extremely important role in ensuring the guests of the event have their expectations met or exceeded. Repeat business and word of mouth from these event guests is an extremely important aspect in ensuring the overall success of Swan Lake Resort.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Must be able to carry a tray with multiple dinners, set tables, chairs and rearrange furniture.
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Set and decorate buffets per direction provided.
- Serve individual plates of food and/or beverages to guests in a professional manner.
- Securely transport food from main kitchen to specific banquet area either on trays or in warming containers.
- Assist bussing staff in removing dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges while being careful about details and thoroughness in work tasks.
- Present honest work ethic.
- Assist peers when needed or requested.
- Flexible to changes.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- 1 year of serving experience preferred
- Many banquets and special events are held on holidays and weekends, so candidates who will be considered must have flexible availability. Hours vary between days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Approx. 10-32 hours per week.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time - bend, kneel, lift and pull continuously throughout a shift, lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- All applicants must submit to Drug Screening & Background Checks.